Saturday, November 7, 2020

31 [M4F] Philadelphia/EST/USA - I Am here to Play Games


I mean, obviously I'm here for the same things everyone visiting a subreddit staring down forever wants. Someone for the journey, to plan a future with, to map out some international travel with. Someone to get down with on Friday nights, getting home to throw off our shoes in a hot passion as we jump on the table and take out our dice and pawns.I could have described myself as something of a home body before, but who isn't these days? But home is something of an extension of self to me. I can wear my emotions unwittingly on my sleeves, but it can pale in comparison against what the decor of my walls might tell the informed witness. And a well cleaned room or superbly organized shelf always merits a satisfied survey and nod. There's no replacement for an organizer's satisfaction of everything being in their perfect place. And so my supply of figures, and my collected earphones wrapping their wooden stands far more than my own head, offer me gratification simply by way of me preventing them gathering dust.So it's also a source of pride to me when I can gather a group to my board games, an assurance I've made a space that welcomes them. Quietly I inwardly beam putting a pizza slice and beer (or soda) in each hand, as I much less quietly externally lament the death knells of my latest strategy. I kept meaning to make a regular thing of movie nights or marathoned shows, but, in a blow to my pride, it's become harder to bring a group together in general, and when we speak of shows in common it's been limited to the medium of online conversations. Though I'd be happy just to bring one to join me for my video binges if it were the right one.And it's a strange thing for a home body for me to feel that I've had my fill of home. To be sure I always wanted someone who wanted to walk the roads of the world with me, and to pick out kitschy tourist trapping souveniers to bring back to shared friends back home. Someone to try the local street foods with, surrounded by eye opening new architectures, the novelty of unencountered tastes being of greater appeal to my admittedly hardly refined non foody palette than any steak house (though I'm hardly about to give up on steak). Not to say I have nothing to offer in the realm of pretentiousness, if you want to discuss the herbal or caramel notes brewed from some perfectly roasted coffee beans I'd happily accompany your sips and satisfied sighs (can you really sip a fine cup of coffee without a satisfied sigh?).I miss the regular occurence of karaoke. I miss belting at my miniature crowd that somehow I'll "Make a Man Out of [Them]," my chance to conquer my ever present anxieties with my confidence in an honestly quite terrible voice. But assuming the eventual return of the activity, if you're a small town girl looking for your city boy I welcome your note. Who knows, maybe one day we'll again be able to go together to the performances of bonafide professional artists in the arena.There's only so many pursuits to fill the hours of home life. And I do pursue them, but to be abundantly forthright in how I come to write to you this evening, I'm not that noteworthy of a man. Mere dedication is a dispropotionate amount of the portfolio I have to offer you. While I fill the unforgiving minute with 60 seconds run, I tend to do so on a metaphorical lame leg, gasping with lungs lacking in capacity. Well, that's actually what I call Sunday. And Tuesday and Thursday. And it's more like 1200 seconds run. And I like to think my legs, though they could probably be better apportioned for the task, aren't especially lame at this point (if you could see these calves). But for all my efforts, lady luck did not grant me an especially attractive pair of genes, and alas there are limits to the improvements that can be procured via pushups. And so all I can ask physically in a would be responder is that they also attend to their fitness, and maybe we can be one of those cute couples that hikes and bikes together.And for my love of learning, and the hours therein sunk, I'm not especially clever, though I'll be enthusiastic with dad jokes, happily pursuing groans and eye rolls, as a good pun is its own reword. But despite my enthusiasm for random trivia, economics and histories, my memory accumlates gaps, and you'll have to bear with incomplete timelines should we dive into any such conversations.I don't want to sell short the distance my will has driven though, nor signal I'm looking for a place to stop. My career continues on an upwards trajectory, even if I seem to have traveled the metaphorical rails by mine cart rather than mechanical engine, and I own my aforementioned comfortable home, complete with roaming miniature tiger (tabby) who only swats at you when you try to pet him. Unless he's doing this. But it sure would be nice to have some non feline company to share the stories of the days.So, for now I'd like to learn with you, laugh with you, read with you, watch shows with you, maybe one day travel with you. And, of course, play games.-Jon via /r/ForeverAloneDating https://ift.tt/3l4CPTz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts